We were looking for an office manager - please see the description below
However, please feel free to send us your CV to our office at:
Skyline Family Practice
841 N Shenandoah Aveu
Front Royal, VA 22630
Attn: Tripp Bradd, MD
============== Job Description ================
JOB TITLE: Office Manager – Skyline Family Practice
The Office Manager manages practice operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maintains an orderly and efficient office routine.
2. Administers established guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary.
3. Maintains accurate records and files pertaining to staff schedules; maintains personnel records.
4. Coordinates benefits enrollment for employees.
5. Collects and distributes OSHA room-cleaning schedules; conducts OSHA testing for all employees.
6. Reviews statements, invoices, receipts, and charges.
7. Orders, stocks, and maintains adequate inventories of all medical and office supplies.
8. Manages time reporting and other changes affecting payroll.
9. Provides coverage as needed or on a regular basis.
10. Answers patient calls, letters and other correspondence as appropriate.
1. Aligns people and projects to achieve initiatives.
2. Works with direct reports to develop goals and objectives.
3. Works with direct reports to establish performance standards for work assignments, monitors work status and progress including goals and objectives.
4. Values cultural diversity and other individual differences in the workforce, ensuring that the organization builds on these differences.
5. Ensures employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
6. Complies with all EEO obligations and responsibilities.
7. Develops staff through coaching, mentoring, rewarding, training, and guiding.
8. Empowers employees and recognizes and rewards their contributions.
9. Manages employee issues and resolves grievances.
10. Interviews, hires, and orients direct reports utilizing all support tools provided by organization.
11. Completes performance evaluations for direct reports on a timely basis.
12. Conducts disciplinary and termination meetings after consulting with the Board of Directors.
13. Assists all staff in the interpretation of policies and procedures.
14. Assesses current and future staffing needs based on organizational goals.
1. Maintains a broad understanding of the principles of financial management – uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities.
2. Monitors all financial expenditures.
3. Identifies / implements cost-effective approaches.
4. Uses efficient and cost-effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace and improve work processes.
5. Supports and implements organizational technology changes.
6. Ensures quality of work performed by direct reports in area(s) of responsibility.
7. Commits to a focus on continuous improvement of workflow processes and procedures.
1. Attends meetings, participates on committees, and reports to the Board of Directors as needed.
2. Reviews current literature and attends training sessions and seminars to keep informed of new developments in the field.
3. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as directed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related field (preferred)
2. Three to five years’ related experience, including clinical management and/or training; or
3. Equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Knowledge of current medical terminology in order to communicate with physicians, staff, and patients.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as professional journals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and government regulations.
3. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
4. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
5. Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people, both on a one-on-one basis and in meetings and group presentations; must be able to relate to and work with ill, emotionally upset, and sometimes hostile people.
6. Ability to anticipate and react calmly to emergency situations.
7. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
8. Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
9. Ability to make independent decisions and delegate responsibility and duties.
10. Ability to follow direction.
11. Ability to think logically in order to troubleshoot, analyze situations, and make appropriate decisions.
12. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
1. Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail systems, and web-based programs.
2. Familiarity and facility with electronic medical record, appointment scheduling and medical billing
3. Assist outside consultants/vendors with installation and upkeep of computer and software systems
4. Knowledgeable about interfaces with hospital system and outside medical laboratory.
5. Oversee order entry for lab and release to lab and its interface.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
2. Strong sensory skills, such as visual acuity, good hearing, and dexterity.
3. Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move constantly throughout the workday.
4. Good speaking and listening skills.
5. Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
6. Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones.
7. Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
8. This position is classified as having occupational exposure to blood and other infectious materials.